- Firm Overview
- Attorney Profiles
- Practice Areas
- Complex Civil and Business Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Diminished Value Claims
1. McAfee Enterprises, Inc. v. 6006, Inc., Case No. 16-2006-CA-477 (Cir. Ct. Duval County). As lead counsel, successfully obtained a jury verdict awarding real estate broker the full commission for producing a buyer ready, willing and able to complete purchase of listed property. Later affirmed on appeal.
2. Stein v. Miss Franie’s, Inc., 417 So. 2d 726 (Fla. 1st DCA 1982). Commercial shopping center lessor (represented by Mr. Lindell) obtained reversal of trial court ruling denying recovery against individual defendants under separate guaranty of lease despite ambiguity in the capacity in which guaranty was signed.
3. Jacksonville Shipyards, Inc. v. Department of Natural Resouces, 466 So 2d 389 (Fla. 1st DCA 1985). Shipyard owner (represented by Mr. Lindell as co-counsel) obtained ruling from District Court of Appeal directing the Department of Natural Resources of issue shipyard owner a disclaimer (title) to 17.3 acres of submerged lands in the St. Johns river contiguous to the shipyards upland property.
4. The Hubbard Association, Inc. v. Eastpoint Water and Sewer District, Case No. 87-14 (Cir. Ct. Franklin Co.). As lead counsel, obtained jury verdict for engineering firm in dispute with local water and sewer district. Affirmed on appeal.
5. Shannon v. Standard Graphics, Case No. 89-6079 (Cir. Ct. Duval Co.). As lead counsel, obtained jury verdict allowing commercial printing company to cancel its commercial equipment lease based upon product defects and the demonstration of a close business relationship between the finance lessor and the equipment vendor. Affirmed on appeal.
6. Kowmar, Inc. v. Davis Development & Inv. Co., Case No. 98-1798-CA (Cir. Ct. Duval Co.). As lead counsel, successfully defended at trial against suit by judgement creditor to pierce the corporate veil of client’s corporation. Affirmed on appeal.
7. Wiegert v. Automidili Lamborghini USA, Inc., Case No. 01-02747 (Cir. Ct. Duval Co.). As lead counsel, successfully defended at trial the rights of Lamborghini’s U.S. distributor to possession of one-of-a-kind prototype “Vector” racing vehicle. Affirmed on appeal.
8. Concept Development Assoc. of M.D., Inc. v. Ames Safety Envelope Co., Case No. 97-1334-CIV-J-20C (U.S. Dist. Ct. – Jax.). As lead counsel, successfully defended against product liability claim in excess of $3 million based upon alleged defective packaging furnished by our client.
9. Jacksonville Beach Plaza, Inc. v. Century Housewares, Inc., Case No. 83-25-CIV-JB (U.S. Dist. Ct. Jax.). As lead counsel successfully recovered at a trial full balance owed under commercial shopping center lease.
10. Confidential Settlement (1995) – Successfully obtained high six figure recovery at mediation in lender liability suit on behalf of homeowner who was wrongfully dispossessed of sailing vessel/residence after bank’s obtaining void deficiency judgment in separate foreclosure action.
11. Doe v. Roe: Real Estate Non-Disclosure/Fraud case. Sellers failed to disclose that property experienced severe flooding during periods of heavy rain. Represented buyers and obtained six figure verdict based on difference between what buyers paid for the property and what it was actually worth after the severe flooding problems were taken into account. A confidential settlement followed verdict prior to entry of judgement.
12. Doe v. Roe: Client sued by title insurance carrier for signing warranty deed in connection with the sale of large commercial property which wound up being encroached upon by building which client had built in connection with development of an adjoining parcel. Shifted 100% of damages assessed against client to malpractice carrier of surveyor who failed to detect encroachment prior to sale and malpractice carrier of client’s former attorney, who prepared warranty deed for client’s signature while failing to recollect that he had previously prepared title documents effectively conveying land surroundings encroaching building to another party.