Anthony B. Zebouni, Esq.
AV rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell with nearly 44 years of legal practice experience in both litigation and transactional aspects of construction, commercial law, and alternate dispute resolution. Additionally, Mr. Zebouni possesses extensive experience in public procurement, contracting, contract negotiation, and construction law, representing (public and private) owners, developers, and contractors. Tony has been involved in commercial and industrial projects, including landfill closure, JEA power and water treatment construction, Jax Seaport and Airport construction matters, highway construction, school construction, improvements to City owned sports complexes, the Better Jacksonville Plan projects, and River City Renaissance projects.
Mr. Zebouni has extensive contract and public procurement experience with claims valued in excess of $100 million. He served as the Division Chief for Commercial Litigation and later in the Construction Law and Procurement Division in the Office of General Counsel. In addition to the City’s departments, he has represented the Jacksonville Port Authority, Duval County School Board, JEA, Jacksonville Housing Authority, and Jacksonville Aviation Authority. Duties with the Office of General Counsel included litigating matters, drafting policies, procedures, contracts, and legislation, and engaging clients with a team approach to problem solving.
Education – Loyola University, New Orleans, La. (B.S. Biological Sciences 1971; J.D. 1977).
With the General Counsel’s Office, he served as Director of the Municipal Law Clinic, and was appointed to various Mayoral committees related to Procurement and Construction procedures, policies, training, and contracting. He served as a member (Chairman 2011 – 13) of the City of Jacksonville Civil Service Board (2007 – 2013); Florida Bar Appointee to the Attorney Disciplinary Review Committee, Div. C (2017 – 2020). While with the office of General Counsel, Tony served on the City Claim’s Dispute Resolution Board and was Chair of the Mayor’s task force on Change Order reform.
Tony has presented numerous seminars on topics including: Public Procurement, Construction law, Public Records law, Governmental contracting, JSEB and MBE contracting, and Legislative updates regarding the Jacksonville Office of General Counsel, Inspector General, and Clay County School District Procurement Department. Mr. Zebouni Presided as Arbitrator, AAA and Florida qualified (solo and panel member) for nearly 25 years in Construction and Complex Commercial case and was a volunteer County Court Mediator for five years.
- Commercial disputes
- Construction Law (transactional and litigation)
- Administrative Law
- Arbitration neutral.
- Public Procurement/Bid Disputes
Licenses and Associations
- Professional Licenses: Admitted to the Bar: Florida, 1977; U.S. District Court, District of Florida, 1978; U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1981; U.S. Supreme Court, 2004.
- Associations: NUCA of North Florida (General Counsel and Advocacy Chair, 2007-present), NUCA Florida (State Advocacy Chair, 2013-present), Jacksonville Bar Association Governmental Relations Committee), Florida Bar Association; Florida Bar Attorney Grievance Committee CR-C, 2017 to 2020.
Alternative Dispute Resolution Experience/Arbitration
- Florida State Qualified Arbitrator; AAA Construction and Commercial Neutral Panel member.
- Former Certified Civil Mediator (7678R); Former Certified County Court Mediator
- Regan Atwood, P.A. f/k/a Regan Zebouni & Atwood, trial attorney and partner, 2006 – 2019.
- City of Jacksonville, Office of General Counsel, Assistant General Counsel, 1988 – 2006.
- Law Office of Anthony Zebouni, 1984-88; Wood, Atter & Zebouni, Trial Counsel, 1983 – 84 (Felony Division Chief and Senior Special Defense Trial Counsel).
- Office of Public Defender, Assistant Public Defender, 1977 – 83.
- Commercial Chemists, Jacksonville, Florida. Analytical Chemist, 1971-1973 Certified Marine Chemist (NFPA #600 ret).
- General Counsel, Catty Shack Wildlife Sanctuary, Jacksonville, Florida (2017 to present).